Plate coverage archives
- 02/20: A Vindictive President Destroys a National Institution (Happy President's Day!)
- 02/18: Who's in Command Here?!? (An innocuous tweet results in 2500 words on the new "it" stat.)
- 02/15: Satchel's Greatest Trick
- 02/11: Koufax, Kershaw and the Fallacy of Orthodoxy (Orthodoxy. It adheres like a scab. Time to rip it off.)
- 02/08: Overlooked, But Not For Long
- 02/06: Danny Goodwin: The Most Can't-Miss Prospect of All-Time
- 02/03: This and That, Odds and Ends, Links and Such: The Big Game Edition
- 02/01: Wonders of Engineering, Monuments to Kitsch: Ballpark Oddities and Attractions
- 01/30: Rollie Hemsley: The Long Journey to Sobriety
- 01/27: Was Dixie Walker a Racist?
- 01/25: Just a Few Words About Jake Daubert
- 01/22: dWAR Doesn't Care One Bit About Your Reputation (Topics to avoid at the next holiday dinner: Politics, religion, and Don Mattingly's defense.)
- 01/19: REDUX: Was the HOF Sending a Message with Babe Ruth's Plaque? (Two dozen words for the greatest of them all? Really?)
- 01/17: Let's Give Away a Book!
- 01/16: Bearing the Glory: Jackie Robinson's 1949 MVP Award
- 01/12: This and That, Odds and Ends, Links and Such: HOF Edition
- 01/09: The Selig Years, Pt. 3: Big League Baseball's Current Position
- 01/06: The Selig Years, Pt. 2: The Other Side of Baseball's Success Story
- 01/04: The Selig Years
- 12/30: Baseball in the Dark: The Best Players Outside the Spotlight
- 12/23: Year-end Round up
- 12/21: This and That, Odds and Ends: The Executioner's Swan Song
- 12/17: Linked in Verse, on the Field, and in the Corridors of Power: Revisiting Baseball's Sad Lexicon
- 12/10: Joyful Chaos (Just listen. Seriously.)
- 12/08: How did Rick Porcello go from Afterthought to Ace?
- 12/05: Redux: Will HOF Voters Have the Audacity to Vote Selig in While Keeping McGwire Out? (Yup.)
- 12/02: The Unluckiest Pitching Staff Ever Assembled
- 11/28: Colby Jack and the Luckiest Staff of All Time
- 11/21: This and That, Odds and Ends, Links and Such: Verlander Fallout
- 11/17: If We had a HOF Vote, Pt. II
- 11/14: If We had a HOF Vote, Pt. I (When playing the outfield, Manny Ramirez looked like a man trying to remember where he left his keys.)
- 11/13: Baffling Ballots of Another Kind (w/Podcast)
- 11/7: MLB Awards, Pt. II: The Logic Escapes Me
- 11/5: MLB Awards Season, Pt. I: Was the Kraken Released Too Late?
- 11/1: Slights! Snubs! Grudges! Conspiracies! It's Time to Talk MVPs!
- 10/25: The Human Splinter
- 10/22: This and That, Odds and Ends, Links and Such (Cubbies Win the Pennant!)
- 10/19: The Definitive History of the MVP, Pt. II
- 10/17: Born from Scandal: The Definitive History of the MVP (The auto man has himself an idea for an ad campaign; the scandal that erupts shakes baseball to its core and gives us the Most Valuable Player award.)
- 10/14: The Dilemma of Manny Pacquiao
- 10/6: Will HOF Voters Have the Audacity to Vote Selig in While Keeping McGwire Out?
- 09/29: The View is Much Better When You're the Lead Dog: Mike Trout Closes in on Another Second-Place MVP Finish
- 09/26: Are MVP Voters Racist? (Black players don’t claim MVPs in the AL. Hispanic players are ignored by NL voters. What gives?)
- 09/24: I Walk the Line
- 09/22: This and That, Odds and Ends, Links and Such
- 09/19: Baseball's First 300-Game Winner Was Also it's First "Juicer"
- 09/15: The Full Story of the 1999 AL MVP Vote Was Even Worse Than You Thought (Galling hypocrisy cost Pedro Martinez his rightful MVP.)
- 09/12: Another Milestone Approaches for Mike Trout (*Yawn*)
- 09/07: Rougned Odor is on the Verge of Something Historic (There's a "But"...)
- 09/06: Celebrating National Book Day With a Shameless Plug (For a Book!)
- 09/01: The Decline of Albert Pujols Underscores the Greatness of Frank Thomas
- 08/31: The Library of Congress is a Digital Wonderland for Baseball Fans
- 08/28: Plate Coverage Wants Good Stories
- 08/25: Jeff Franceour is Still Employed by a Major League Team
- 08/23: Justin Verlander is Very Good Again, so Enough with the Zach Britton
- 08/22: Vince Velasquez and the Flukiest Games Ever Pitched (With a detailed account of the most monumental game ever pitched.)
- 08/18: Manny Machado Might be the Best Young Third Baseman in History
- 08/16: Of Course it's Randy Johnson - Who Else Would it Be?
- 08/15: Usain Bolt
- 08/14: A Cheat Sheet for Settling Baseball Arguments
- 08/14: Is Jose Altuve Having the Best Season Ever for a Player of His Size?
- 08/12: Who is the Most Intimidating Hitter in Today's Game?
- 08/12: Was the Hall of Fame Sending a Message With Babe Ruth's Plaque?